Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Our clients benefit from personalized, quality service that is beyond comparison. We have listed the services that we offer to our clients, together with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Our significant investment in computerized tax preparation and research software enables us to prepare returns accurately and efficiently for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, and not-for-profit organizations.
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tax planning for individuals and corporations
- Return preparation for - Individuals - Corporations - Estates and trusts - Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and federal commodity tax planning and compliance
- Tax considerations in matrimonial settlements
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
- Tax effective retirement and estate planning
Estate & Trust Tax Preparation
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
Federal and Provincial Sales Tax (GST, HST, PST and QST)
Many of our clients are responsible for collecting and submitting sales taxes in many different jurisdictions. We can assist your company in the compilation of information and preparation of sales tax returns, and in controlling your sales-tax-related costs.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Compilation of financial statements
- Audits and reviews
Audits, Reviews and Compilations
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on all three levels of assurance:
- Audit - an intensive examination with the highest level of assurance
- Review - some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
- Compilation - based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use.